Photo by Erik Putz.
Strawberry Shortcake SkewersBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Take your strawberry shortcake out of the bowl and onto a stick with this fun finger food. Marshmallow is a sweet replacement for whipped cream.
- 1 store-bought pound cake
- 16 large marshmallows
- 16 strawberries
- 16 wooden skewers
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Cut pound cake into 1-in. cubes and hull strawberries.
- Alternately thread 16 large marshmallows, cake cubes and strawberries on skewers.
- Oil grill (or grill pan). Barbecue over medium, rotating occasionally, until grill marks form, 5 to 6 min.
- Melt milk chocolate chips and drizzle over skewers.
Soak skewers in warm water for 20 min before grilling to prevent skewers from burning.