Soggy Peach Cobbler
Here’s a six-ingredient dessert that takes exactly five minutes to throw together. Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ll be the hero of the evening.
398-mL can sliced
, in unsweetened juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8 or 9 in. (20 or 23 cm) square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, or in a food processor, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until combined. Pour in the milk and mix just until it makes a smooth batter.
- Spread in the prepared baking pan. (A sprinkle of cinnamon would be a nice touch here, but that would make seven ingredients, so let’s forget I ever mentioned it, OK?)
- Now pour the entire can of peaches – juice and all – over the batter in the pan. I know this seems weird, but don’t worry – it’ll be fine. If your child is helping you, have him arrange the peach slices in an attractive manner so they cover the top of the batter evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the top of the cobbler is beginning to brown lightly. Serve immediately with a heap of vanilla ice cream.
- Adventures in Cobblerhood: Be brave! Try this recipe with canned pears, pineapple or fruit cocktail instead of the peaches.