Snow White Cake
This article has not been rated yet.
White layers. Pink frosting. The ultimate girly cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups plain yogurt , buttermilk or sour milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare two greased and parchment-lined 8 or 9-in. (20 or 23 cm) round layer pans or one 9 x 13-in. (23 x 33 cm) rectangular pan or line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, butter and vanilla on high speed for about 2 minutes, or until well mixed. Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating for about a minute after each one. Now add the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt or buttermilk, in about 3 portions each, beating after each addition just until combined, and scraping down the sides to make sure everything is well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans and place in the preheated oven. Bake round layers for 30 to 35 minutes, rectangular pan for 35 to 40 minutes, or cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes. Cake should be lightly browned on top and a toothpick poked into the middle should come out clean. Let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- Also makes 20 cupcakes!