Rocky Road Squares
These creamy chunks of chocolate perfection take about ten minutes to make, and only slightly longer to devour. Guaranteed to put a smile on even the grumpiest piano teacher's face. *If you need a nut-free treat for your child's class, try Crunchy Granola Bars and Extremely Easy Granola Blondies.
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter , (chunky or smooth)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts , coarsely chopped
- Prepare a 9 x 13 in. (23 x 33 cm) rectangular pan by lining the bottom with a piece of waxed paper, cut exactly to fit. Set aside. Measure the chocolate chips into a medium saucepan. If your child is helping you, have her stir the chips over the lowest possible heat until they are almost completely melted.
- Remove from the stove, and continue stirring until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter until evenly blended. In a large bowl, mix together the miniature marshmallows and peanuts. Pour in the chocolate mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Spread in the prepared pan and refrigerate until firm. With a (very) sharp knife, cut into 1 in. (2 cm) squares (make sure you peel off the waxed paper).