Practically Perfect Pound Cake
This article has not been rated yet.
1 to 1 servings
Your kids won't be able to resist it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9 x 5 in (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside for the time being.
- Then, in a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy and light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg and scraping down the sides occasionally. Continue beating the mixture for 2 or 3 minutes after all the eggs have been added. Beat in the vanilla, then add the flour mixture in 2 or 3 additions, alternately with the milk, beating until the batter is just smooth. Dump into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack and let cool completely.