Peach Angel Pie
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
A heavenly dessert!
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 5 medium peaches , peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 in. (23 cm) pie plate.
- Measure the coconut and the almonds into two separate small baking pans (like cake pans). Place in the preheated oven and bake until very lightly toasted, stirring once or twice – about 6 minutes for coconut, 7 minutes for almonds. Remove from oven and combine in a bowl. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, a little at a time, beating well after each addition until meringue is glossy and stiff. Gently fold in coconut and almonds. Transfer to the prepared pie plate and, with a spoon, form into a shell – spreading meringue evenly up sides and covering bottom. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff. Spoon into the meringue shell. Arrange the sliced peaches in a deliciously decorative manner on top of the cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour before serving.