Mixed Frozen Berry Crisp
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 8 servings
A perfect way to end a BBQ or any summer dinner!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour , or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats , (not instant)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 600-g pkg frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon , zested
- 1 cup light or regular ricotta
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut cold butter as you would a carrot: Slice into sticks, line them up, then dice. Add to flour mixture, using your fingertips to distribute as evenly as possible.
- In an 8 in. (20 cm) square baking dish or a 10 in. (25 cm) diameter deep-dish pie plate, toss together berries and white flour. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest, then mix into berries. Insert ¼ cup dollops of ricotta in 4 places between berries (rather than on top). Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit mixture. Place in oven and bake for 40 min, or until golden brown and bubbling.