Maple Walnut Blondies
This article has not been rated yet.
These maple walnut blondies are a yummy dessert kids will love.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats , (not instant)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts , coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8 in (20 cm) square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar, just until creamy. Add the maple syrup, egg and vanilla, and continue beating on high speed until thoroughly combined. The mixture may look a little curdled; this is OK.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, oats and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture, beating just until evenly mixed. Stir in the walnuts and spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the middle of the pan comes out mostly clean.