Maple Syrup Butter Tart SquaresBy Chatelaine
1 h 20 min
Up your butter tart game from circle to square with this maple-infused update on the Canadian classic.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter , cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup 35% cream
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- Position rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil an 8 × 8-in. baking dish, then line with overhanging parchment.
- Whirl flour with granulated sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add cubed butter and continue whirling until a ball forms, 1 min. Press dough firmly into an even layer in prepared dish.
- Whisk brown sugar with eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cream, maple syrup and melted butter. Pour over dough.
- Bake in bottom third of oven until filling is puffed, about 1 hour. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 33 g,
- 16 g,
- 89 mg.