Maple Apple Cranberry Crumble
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp whole wheat flour , divided
- 3/4 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp brown sugar , divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup , divided
- 6 medium apples , peeled, cored and chopped into 1-in. chunks (5 1/2 cups total)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour, oats, ½ cup brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and salt until blended. Add the melted butter and 2 tbsp of the maple syrup and mix until moist and crumbly. Put aside while you prepare the fruit.
- In a large bowl, toss apples and cranberries with 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp brown sugar, remaining maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour fruit into a baking dish measuring 11 x 8 x 2 in. Cover evenly with crumble topping. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 min until fruit is bubbling and the top is golden. Allow to cool for at least 30 min before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 58 g,
- 16 g,
- 5 g,
- 164 mg.