Jenny’s Ladylike Lemon Tarts
This article has not been rated yet.
9 to 9 servings
These are the easiest and most delicious lemon tarts you'll ever make. Try them using homemade pastry in a regular muffin pan, or use frozen shells to save time.
- 9 3-in. tart shells , (homemade or store-bought frozen)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice , (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- icing sugar , for garnish
- whipped cream , for garnish
- strawberries , for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line the compartments of a tart pan with homemade pastry. If using frozen shells, simply place them, still in their individual foil tins, directly on a cookie sheet to bake.
- In a large bowl, beat together the lemon juice, eggs and granulated sugar with a whisk or electric mixer for at least 1 minute. Add whipping cream and beat until combined. Pour into tart shells, filling each one to just below the top edge. Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until filling is just about set and the pastry is lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Just before serving, you’ll probably want to fancy these tarts up a little. Here are your choices: Dust with icing sugar, top with a dollop of whipped cream; place a single perfect strawberry on top of each tart. Or any combination of these possibilities.