Ice Cream Sundae Pie
6 to 8 servings
Your whole family will love this chilly dessert.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb or cookie crumb pie shell
- 1 quart ice cream , (any flavour), slightly softened
- 1 cup ice cream sauce , (fudge, butterscotch, strawberry – whatever you like)
- whipped cream , sprinkles, chopped nuts, fruit, marshmallows – the works)
- Spoon the softened ice cream into the pie shell, alternately with spoonfuls of topping. It will be messy and lumpy. This is fine.
- Smooth the top as well as possible, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- At serving time, set out the additional toppings and let everyone garnish his own wedge of ice cream sundae pie at the table. Ooey, gooey and delicious.