No-Bake Hot Fudge Pudding
This article has not been rated yet.
This wonderful, gooey, almost magical dessert -- sometimes referred to as "water cake" -- is best served warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar , divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts , or pecans (optional)
- In a 9-in. square baking pan, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, milk and vanilla; then add this to the dry ingredients in the pan, stirring with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- In another small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and nuts. Sprinkle this evenly over the batter.
- Finally, pour the hot water over the pan. Don’t stir. See? Pudding magic!