Good Grain Basic Muffins
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Baking time: 22 minutes, Standing time: 10 minutes
Photo: Jodi Pudge
This wholegrain breakfast muffins recipe is adaptable, easy and so tasty.
whole wheat flour
, chopped fruit, nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup each oat flour, whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp each baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add ¼ cup each white and packed light brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together 2 large eggs, ½ cup canola oil and ¾ cup buttermilk (shake well before measuring).
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Stir in 1 cup of your favourite add-in: berries, chopped fruit, nuts or chocolate chips. Divide among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 min or until muffins are golden at the edges and a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 min, then turn out on a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3.7 g,
- 22 g,
- 11 g,
- 2 g,
- 200 mg.