Ginger Syrup for Pound Cake
This article has not been rated yet.
Fruit salad over store bought pound cake with ginger syrup for adults and fruit/pound cake kabobs for kiddies
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 2- by 1-in. pieces fresh ginger
- 1 sprig mint
- In saucepan, combine water, sugar, ginger and mint leaves. Bring mixture to boil, stirring often, until sugar has completely dissolved. Reduce heat to maintain a vigorous simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduce by half.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain into a container and keep covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Serve drizzled over fruit salad and pound cake.
- For kids: Alternate pieces of fruit and pound cake on 8-inch skewers. Drizzle with a small amount of the ginger syrup (or serve with melted chocolate).