Fancy-Pants Fruit Tarts
This article has not been rated yet.
12 to 12 servings
Kids will love these delightful tarts.
- 12 3-in tart shells , (homemade or store-bought frozen)
- 1 250-g pkg cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups fresh berries , or mixed fruit
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly , or other clear jelly (optional)
- Bake the tart shells until golden and let cool completely.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until very smooth and creamy. Spoon into the tart shells, dividing the filling evenly. Top the filling with whatever fruit you’re using. (Large strawberries should be halved or sliced; peaches or kiwis should be peeled and sliced; apricots can just be halved and pitted.)
- If you want to glaze these tarts, melt the jelly in a small saucepan over low heat until it liquefies. Spoon over the fruit and chill until firm.