Cookie-Crust Fruit Tart
This article has not been rated yet.
This dessert is gorgeous and fun. Also easy and delicious. You just can't beat a combination like that.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 cups fruit , (cut up and peeled if necessary) or berries (rinsed and dried)
- icing sugar , for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper. With a pencil, trace a 10 in. (25 cm) circle on the parchment paper to use as a guide.
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until creamy. Add the flour and beat just until well blended. Pat the dough into a smooth ball and place it in the middle of the parchment-lined pan. With a rolling pin or by hand, roll or pat dough out to the circle guideline you drew. Crimp the edges up slightly to form a rim and prick the bottom all over with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 13 to 16 minutes, or until lightly browned and set in the middle. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Carefully slide the cookie shell onto a serving plate. With an electric mixer or by hand, beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Just before serving, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Heap fruit on top, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.