Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take it from us; nothing beats these delicious chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add this to the butter mixture, beating until everything is mixed well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- By hand, form the dough into golf-ball-seized balls, and place them 2 in. (5 cm) apart on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 10 min, just until the edges are beginning to brown lightly. It’s better to underbake these cookies slightly, so remove them from the oven while they’re still a bit soft in the middle.