Basic Crumb Crust
This article has not been rated yet.
The essential crust for cheesecakes and cream pies.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs , or chocolate wafer crumbs (about 18 graham crackers or 30 chocolate wafers)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar , or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Measure all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until everything is evenly combined.
- Squish the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 or 10 in. (23 or 25 cm) pie plate, pressing the crumbs firmly so that they stick. (Cool trick: Spread the crumb mixture into one pie plate, and smush down with a second pie plate to evenly distribute the crumbs in a neat layer.) Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool before filling.