Baked Apple Squares
This article has not been rated yet.
These freeze beautifully, and they thaw in minutes.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 medium apples , peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup additional rolled oats , for topping (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13 in (23 x 33 cm) rectangular baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and stir just until smooth. Dump in the diced apples and rolled oats, and stir until well mixed. Spread batter in the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with extra oats (optional) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.