Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
No-bake butterscotch-peanut haystacksBy Chatelaine
Holiday baking doesn't get much easier than these no-bake haystacks. Seriously, even the most baking-challenged can master these crunchy, peanutty treats.
- 300-g pkg butterscotch chips , (1 2/3 cups)
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until chips are melted, 3 to 5 min. Stir in noodles and peanuts until coated.
- Scoop heaping 1 tbsp portions onto prepared sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hr.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 2 g,
- 8 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 79 mg.