Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
3-ingredient chocolate shortbreadBy Chatelaine
With only three ingredients, these melt-in-your-mouth cookies will be your go-to last-minute quick and easy holiday bake sale fix.
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- decorating sprinkles
- icing sugar , optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until melted, about 1 min.
- Stir flour into chocolate mixture. Roll dough into 1-in. balls and arrange on baking sheet 2 in. apart. Press down to flatten slightly. Sprinkle coloured sprinkles on cookies, if desired. Press down gently so they stick.
- Bake in centre of oven until cookies are puffed, 18 to 20 min. Sift icing sugar overtop, if desired. Serve warm, or transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 2 g,
- 11 g,
- 9 g,
- 1 g,
- 50 mg.