Chocolate Chip Cookie BarBy Chatelaine
This easy recipe is a bake-sale saviour. It delivers on chewy, chocolatey cookies, without having to bake multiple sheets.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 ⅔ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Position rack in bottom third of oven, then preheat to 350F. Spray a 13×17-in. rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium, until creamy, about 2 min. Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough onto prepared sheet, pressing evenly to the edges. Bake, rotating sheet halfway, until cookie is golden, 25 to 30 min. Let cool, then cut into 44 bars (3-in x 1 1/2-in).
Melt 1/3 cup chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over cookie. Sprinkle with candy bits or sprinkles.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 24 g,
- 9 g,
- 1 g,
- 116 mg.