Originally published in the November + December 2017 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Indian-Spiced Chicken SticksBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
There ain't no party like a chicken skewer party. Especially when they're perfectly seasoned with a creamy yogurt dip for dunking.
- 400 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cut in 1-in. pieces
- 4 tsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 30 short wooden skewers
- 3 mini cucumbers , cut into 30 thick coins
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and toss with oil. In a small bowl, stir together flour, chili powder, garam masala, salt and turmeric. Sprinkle over chicken and toss to coat.
- Spread chicken on prepared sheet and bake until crispy and cooked through, flipping halfway, about 10 min.
- Thread 1 cucumber coin, then 1 piece of chicken on a skewer and arrange on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with raita for dipping.
To make raita, stir together 1 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt, 2 mini cucumbers, grated, 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp garam masala, 1 small clove garlic, minced, and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition (per skewer)
- 6 g,
- 3 g,
- 3 g,
- 146 mg.