Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2018 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Curry-barbecue chicken kebabsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
16 to 20 mini kebabs
Sweet and savoury, these skewers make a tasty last-minute party app or dinner on the go. We like to call it curry in a hurry!
- 16 to 20 small wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp Indian curry paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro , (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500F. Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes. Line 1 or 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil and brush with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, stir barbecue sauce with curry paste and salt. Cut chicken lengthwise into ½-in. (1-cm) thick strips. Toss with sauce to coat.
- Thread 1 strip of chicken onto each skewer. Spread out on baking sheets and place in top and bottom thirds of oven until chicken is firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Give your oven a break and cook kebabs, covered, over a medium-hot grill.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 31 g,
- 4 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 733 mg.