Originally published in the January 2011 issue. Photo by Jodi Pudge.
Creamy Stovetop Chicken Pasta
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 servings
Here's an easy weeknight pasta. It's creamy, delicious and comes together in just 30 minutes. If you like, used diced leftover ham instead of chicken.
- ½ pkg spaghettini or linguine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomato
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced (optional)
- grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Break pasta in half and add pasta to boiling water. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk milk with flour, Dijon, garlic and seasonings. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add tomatoes (be careful, they may splatter). Stir just until they begin to split, 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and stir. Gradually pour in milk mixture, whisking until it comes to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes. Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add pasta and green onions, stirring to combine. (It’s easy to mix using two forks.) Let kids sprinkle with Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 42 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,