This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
- 1.5 kg skinless chicken pieces , (bone in or boneless)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour , (approximately)
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 1 medium green sweet pepper , chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 2 cups chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce , (any kind)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crumbled dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Measure the flour into a plastic bag and add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, shaking to coat evenly. You may need a bit more flour – add it if necessary so that all the chicken pieces are coated. Arrange chicken in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- In a large bowl, toss together the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Dump over the chicken.
- In the same bowl, stir together the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour over everything in the Crock-Pot and cover with the lid. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high setting for 5 to 6 hours. Serve with hot buttered noodles or other pasta.
- Variation: Reduce the amount of chicken to 2 lb (1 kg) and add 2 or 3 Italian sausages (hot or mild), browned and sliced into 1 in. (2 cm) chunks.