Ham and Cheese Waffles
* PLUS Cooking time: 24 minutes
1 1/4 cup
whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups
shredded Black Forest
, (about 2/3 cup)
- Combine flour, cornstarch, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and stir until uniform. Make a slight well in the centre.
- Crack eggs into the well in the dry ingredients and pour buttermilk and butter overtop. Stir ingredients with a fork until incorporated and you have a slightly lumpy batter. Stir in ham and cheese.
- Preheat waffle iron and lightly grease with vegetable oil, if necessary.
- Using about ⅓ cup of batter per waffle (depending on the configuration of your waffle maker), pour in batter. Cook for 3 min or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with maple syrup or Tomato Jam.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 47 g,
- 23 g,
- 5 g,
- 917 mg.