2 2/3 cups
, cut in 1/2-in. cubes
1 1/2 tsp
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 325F. Lightly butter a 9 x 13-in. baking dish.
- Whisk eggs with milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Arrange bread in prepared dish. Pour in milk mixture and submerge bread.
- Bake, uncovered, until pudding is set in centre when jiggled, about 1 hr. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly.
- To make glaze, combine maple syrup and milk in a small bowl and microwave on high heat for 5 sec, then whisk in butter until smooth. Drizzle over pudding just before serving. Scatter berries overtop. Bread pudding can be kept refrigerated and covered up to 3 days.
Day-old bread works best for bread puddings, but if you don’t have any, cut fresh bread into 1/2-in. cubes and toast in a 325F oven until just dry, 6 to 8 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 33 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 g,
- 375 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin b12
Originally published in the Today’s Parent July/August 2019 issue. Photo by Carmen Cheung.