, for serving
- Combine 4 large eggs, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, ½ tsp cinnamon, and a pinch salt in a bowl, and whisk or stir with a fork until uniform.
- Add 1 baguette sliced ¾-in. thick and mash slightly with a fork to help pieces absorb the liquid.
- Heat 1 tbsp of unsalted butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add baguette slices and fry for 2 to 3 min a side or until golden brown.
- Repeat, adding 1 to 2 tbsp more butter to frying pan as needed. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 39 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 527 mg.
Almond milk is perfect for camping because unopened Tetra Paks don’t need refrigeration – plus, it gives the classic breakfast a bit of extra flavour. Two individual-serving-sized Tetra Paks are used in this recipe.