Recipe by Eshun Mott, Photo by Maya Visnyei
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously spray 10 wells of a non-stick muffin pan with oil (or use silicone liners).
- Cook 4 strips low-sodium chopped bacon (100 g) in a frying pan on medium heat for 2 min.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion and sauté for 4 min or until onion is golden and bacon is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Beat 6 large eggs and 1 cup milk together until uniform.
- Add onion mixture to eggs, add 1 tbsp chopped chives and season with ¼ tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups. Add 10 halved cherry tomatoes divided between cups and sprinkle with ½ cup grated Gruyère cheese. Bake for 16 min or until frittatas are set.
- Turn broiler to high and broil for 2 min or until puffed and lightly golden.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 9 g,
- 0 g,
- 160 mg.
Frittatas are endlessly customizable. Use your family’s favourite flavour combos. (We like deli turkey and cheddar or smoked salmon and dill.)