The perfect soft-boiled egg and soldiers
This article has not been rated yet.
How to make the perfect soft-boiled egg and soldiers.
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 cups water
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- butter , for bread
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- ground nutmeg , to taste
- Bring 4 eggs to room temperature by submerging in warm tap water for 2 to 3 min.
- Pour 3 to 4 cups water (enough to cover the eggs by ½ in.) into a small saucepan and set over high heat. When the water begins to boil, lower in each egg, using a spoon.
- When the water comes back to a boil, set a timer for 5½ min. Meanwhile, toast 4 slices of whole grain bread; butter and cut into strips.
- When timer rings, remove eggs, rinse under cold water for 30 sec. Place in egg cups. Using a spoon, gently tap the top of each egg and remove. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg. Serve with toast strips for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 17 g,
- 10 g,
- 3 g,
- 409 mg.