- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk , well shaken
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen blueberries , or raspberries
- Combine flours, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and whisk until fully mixed.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter and honey in a bowl and whisk until uniform.
- Pour buttermilk mixture over flour mixture and whisk until all dry ingredients are absorbed (do not over-mix). Batter should be just a little lumpy.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or large frying pan on medium heat. Use a turkey baster or a squeeze bottle to suck up batter and squeeze out to make heart-shaped pancakes in the pan. Remember that the first designs you make will be the darkest, and you can use a spoonful of batter to fill in the middles.
- After about 2 min (or when bubbles appear in the batter), flip pancakes and cook about 1 min longer. Serve with Berry Syrup.
PREP: 1 MIN COOK: 3 MIN
1 cup maple syrup
2 cups frozen blueberries or raspberries
1. Combine maple syrup and berries in a pot over medium-low heat and cook gently for 3 min or until fruit is warmed through and syrup is coloured with berry juices. Leftover syrup will keep refrigerated for a week.
MAKES 8 ADULT-SIZED SERVINGS. IN A SERVING: CALORIES 124; PROTEIN 0 G; CARBS 31 G; FAT 0 G; FIBRE 1 G; IRON 1 MG; SODIUM 5 MG
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g
- 55 g
- 16 g
- 3 g
- 744 mg