Strawberry Tea Bread
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 2 servings
Contributed by Mike DiLullo, Oakville, Ontario Runner-Up in the Muffin and Quick Bread Contest, sweet quick bread category. Mike says he always looks forward to strawberry season because he loves this bread so much. We can definitely see why.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease two 9 x 5 in. (23 x 12 cm) loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir well. Add crushed strawberries, stirring until evenly mixed. Pour into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the centre of a loaf comes out clean. Remove from pans and let cool completely.