This recipe was originally published in our September + October 2017 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Purple Power SmoothieBy Chatelaine
Give us all the purple! Blueberries and beets make friends with banana and pear in this almond milk-based smoothie.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk
- ⅓ cup beet , peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe pear , cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Whirl until smooth. Garnish with pear slices or chopped almonds.
Beets have gorgeous colour, but they stain! Serve this one in a covered container (glass is best) with a straw to save clothes (and couches).
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 31 g,
- 1 g,
- 5 g,