- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- First make the cinnamon sugar. Have your child stir together the granulated sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside for a minute.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Measure the butter into a 9 in. (22 cm) pie plate and place it in the oven to let the butter melt while the oven preheats.
- Now prepare the batter. In a blender or food processor, combine the milk and eggs and blend briefly just to mix. Add the flour and continue blending the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the batter carefully (an adult job here) into the hot pan. Have your child sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the batter.
- Place the pan back into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with icing sugar, or drizzled with maple syrup or warm blueberry sauce.