- 1 1/2 lb red potatoes , cut into 3/4-in. pieces
- salt , to season
- 4 tbsp oil , divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green sweet pepper
- Place 1½ lb. red potatoes that have been cut into ¾-in. pieces in a medium pot with enough cold water to cover them; season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 5 min or until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large cast iron or other heavy frying pan over medium-high.
- Add potatoes and fry, turning occasionally, for 18 min or until potatoes are golden. Add 1 tsp chili powder and toss to coat.
- Push potatoes to the side of the pan, add 1 tbsp oil, ½ cup chopped yellow onion and ½ cup each diced red and green pepper, turn heat up slightly and sauté for 4 min or until vegetables are browned at the edges and softened. Season with salt and serve immediately.
Want to get a jump on tomorrow’s breakfast? Dice your potatoes the night before and keep them in the refrigerator in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning. Drain well and blot dry before cooking.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g
- 32 g
- 14 g
- 4 g
- 418 mg