A cherished breakfast and lunch classic gets a makeover with the simple addition of sliced fruit.
Pear and brie grilled cheese
- 3 oz brie
- 1/2 firm ripe pear , such as Bosc or Anjou
- 4 slices bread , such as whole wheat or challah
- 1 tsp butter
- Slice cheese and pear thinly. Place 2 slices of bread on a board. Top each with cheese and pear slices. Sandwich with remaining bread.
- In medium non-stick frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until golden on the bottom, 2 to 3 min.
- While gently pressing on top, carefully flip each sandwich with a spatula. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 more min. If browning too quickly, reduce heat.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 38 g,
- 17 g,
- 6 g,