Photo: southern fairytale/Flickr
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded raw or cooked potato (about 1 large)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray 6 compartments of a muffin pan with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded potato and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. (If you're using cooked potatoes, they will probably be done in about 3 minutes.) Add the ham and continue to cook for two minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the potato and ham mixture and stir to mix.
- Place the prepared muffin pan into the oven for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Remove from oven and spoon the egg mixture into the 6 compartments, dividing the mixture evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and quickly sprinkle the cheese over each "muffin." Return to the oven and continue to bake for 5 or 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let frittata muffins cool before removing from the pan. Wrap individually and refrigerate.