Crazy Crumbled Cookie Pancakes
This article has not been rated yet.
Crazy? Of course. Fun? Absolutely. Delicious? Well, what do you think?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, stir together the yogurt, oil and egg. Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently stir in the crumbled cookies. Don’t over-beat this mixture because it will deflate and you’ll lose the fluffiness.
- Heat a well-oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat, then pour in about ¼ cup of the batter, allowing it to spread out evenly. Cook on one side until bubbles appear on the top, then flip it over and let the other side cook until golden. Remove from skillet and do it again.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup. Or, if you anticipate pandemonium at the breakfast table, pile them up on a heat-proof platter as they cook, and keep in a warm (250°F/120°C) oven until you’ve cooked the whole mess and serve all at once. Are you the coolest parent on the block or what?