Blueberry Oven Pancake
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 2 servings
This unusual concoction was a major hit. Every last sliver disappeared during our taste-off. I can certainly see why this dish is family law for Sunday breakfasts around Elizabeth Rowe's house.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 to 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries , thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Measure the butter into a large pie plate or other ovenproof dish and place in the oven to melt, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cracks the eggs into a large bowl, and whisk until well beaten. Continue beating and add the milk, flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven -it should be hot and the butter melted. Pour the egg mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the blueberries on top, and immediately slide back into the oven. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the centre puffs up.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with maple syrup or strawberry syrup.