Best fried egg sandwich
* PLUS Cooking time: 5 minutes
Instead of hitting the drive-thru, make the best fried egg sandwich at home. Your tastebuds and wallet will be happier for it.
, for muffin
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place an egg ring or round cookie cutter (about 3¼ in. in diameter) in pan and place ½ tsp butter inside ring.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl with a pinch each of salt and pepper until egg white and yolk are mixed together.
- Toast a split English muffin.
- When butter in pan is melted and sizzling, pour egg into ring (it will begin to bubble), turn heat down slightly and cook for 3 min or until egg is almost fully set (top will still be runny). Run the tip of a knife inside the metal ring to loosen, pull off and flip egg in pan. Cook for 30 sec. or until just set. Top with ½ oz thinly sliced cheddar cheese and, if desired, 1 piece of cooked bacon.
- Butter English muffin with 1 tsp of butter and place egg with cheese and bacon inside. Serve immediately or wrap in waxed paper to eat on the go.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 28 g,
- 17 g,
- 2 g,
- 398 mg.
Cook bacon in a single layer on a parchment-paper-lined rimmed baking sheet at 400F for 12 to 16 min .