Parker House RollsBy Chatelaine
These soft rolls are perfect for mini sandwiches. Cut baked rolls in half and fill with ham and Swiss cheese, tuna salad, or sliced turkey and cheddar.
- 1 ¼ cups 2% or 3.25% milk
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar , divided
- ⅓ cup butter , melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1 ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Microwave milk in a heat-safe bowl until warm, about 45 sec. Stir in yeast, 1 tbsp sugar and let stand until frothy, about 10 min.
- Combine butter, eggs, salt and remaining 3 tbsp sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add yeast mixture.
- Beat on low for 1 min. Gradually add flour until a ragged dough forms, about 1 min.
- Replace paddle with dough hook. Knead dough on medium-low for 1 min, then increase speed to medium and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 min. Transfer to a large, oiled bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Spray 2 9-in. round pans with cooking spray. Knead on a work surface until smooth, about 10 times. Divide in half, then divide each half into 10 portions, keeping them covered. Roll into smooth round balls, pinching bottoms to seal. Arrange balls, seal-side down, in prepared pans and cover with kitchen towel. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat egg and water in a small bowl. Brush tops of rolls with egg wash, then sprinkle with poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 min. Let cool, 5 min.
Brush with butter and sprinkle with flaked sea salt when buns are hot out of the oven.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 24 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 211 mg.
- Excellent source of