Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Grilled flank steak with summer vegetablesBy Chatelaine
1 h 15 min
1 h 40 min
Leftovers from this classic grilled flank steak recipe can easily be transformed into a yummy fajita lunch or dinner the following day.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp Montreal steak spice blend , divided
- 675 g flank steak
- 2 cups green beans
- 12 mixed baby sweet peppers
- 1/2 fennel bulb , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta , (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- pinch Montreal steak spice blend , (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large baking dish, stir together sugar, 3 tbsp oil, vinegar and 2 tsp spice blend. Prick steak with a fork then add to marinade, turning occasionally, about 1 hr.
- Divide green beans between 2 large squares of foil and drizzle each with 1 tsp of oil. Wrap tightly and grill, about 4 min.
- Brush peppers and fennel with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp, 4 to 6 min. Cut in half, then season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grill steak, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 min. Let stand 10 min before slicing against the grain, then sprinkle with the remaining ½ tsp spice blend.
- Yogurt dressing: Stir yogurt with horseradish and spice blend in a small bowl. Serve on the side with steak and vegetables. Sprinkle with feta, if desired.
Grill some small pitas or tortillas to turn this into a fajita dinner.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 18 g,
- 18 g,
- 3 g,
- 390 mg.