Originally published in the October 2010 issue. Photo by John Cullen.
Budget Steak BitesBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
Fancy appetizers? Pfft, you're making it happen with these easy, budget-friendly steak bites.
- 2 tip or top round steaks , (about 3 oz each)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Asian or vinaigrette-style salad dressing
- 10 skewers
- Slice steaks into 10 long, thin strips. Place in a plastic bag with cherry tomatoes. Pour in salad dressing to cover.
- Secure top of bag with a rubber band as close to meat as possible. Refrigerate at least half an hour, ideally overnight.
- Threading onto skewers, weave strips of meat around tomatoes. Barbecue a few minutes per side or bath at 400 for 5-8 minutes.