Originally published in the November + December 2017 issue. Photo by Craig Boyko.
This article has not been rated yet.
Oh, you don't know about potachos? Thinly sliced potatoes take the place of tortilla chips in this hearty nacho-style dish.
- 6 small russet potatoes , cut into ½-in. thick slices
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup corn and black bean salsa
- ½ cup canned no-salt-added black beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place potatoes on prepared sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder and salt, tossing to coat. Arrange in a single layer and bake until tender and browned, 20 to 25 min.
- Combine salsa, black beans and avocado in a medium bowl.
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with cheddar. Continue baking until cheese is melted and browned, about 3 min.
- Top potatoes with salsa mixture. Serve with sour cream, cilantro or bacon, if desired.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 4 g,
- 12 g,
- 5 g,
- 178 mg.