Originally published in the November + December 2017 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Leek and Shrimp PotstickersBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 15 min
What's a party without potstickers? Lay out these onion- and shrimp-filled ones and watch them disappear.
- 1 cup chopped cilantro , (leaves and stems)
- 4 green onions , coarsely chopped
- 400 g frozen shrimp , thawed, peeled and patted dry
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 400-g pkg dumpling wrappers
- ¼ cup canola oil , divided
- Pulse cilantro and green onions in a food processor until chopped. Add shrimp, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pulse until shrimp is coarsely chopped, about 10 pulses. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Fill a small bowl of water and set aside.
- Place 2 tsp of filling in the centre of 1 dumpling wrapper. Lightly brush edge with water. Fold edge over filling to form a half moon, pressing to seal. Crimp edge, if desired. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of the canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add ⅓ of the potstickers, bottom-side down, and cook until browned, about 3 min. Add ⅔ cup water and increase heat to medium-high. Cover and cook until potstickers are cooked through, about 8 min. Uncover and cook, swirling the pan until water evaporates and bottoms are crispy. Transfer to a serving plate, wipe pan clean and repeat with remaining potstickers.
For the dip
Whisk together 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp rice vinegar and ½ tsp sesame oil.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 3 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 160 mg.