1. Luna Get your inspiration from the moon and give your baby girl this sweet (yet mysterious) moniker. The name recently made appearances in movies like the Harry Potter series (Luna Lovegood) and HBO’s vampires-and-werewolves drama True Blood (Luna Garza).
2. Sabrina A bewitchingly lovely name for little ones, fans of '90s hit shows might connect it to the series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, starring Melissa Joan Hart.
3. October (unisex) Celebrate the fact that your baby is born in the month of changing leaves, awesome costumes, delightfully spooky movies, candy, and all things Halloween!
4. Shadow (unisex) What lurks behind the shadows? Your baby does! Give your wee one a mysterious name with inspiration taken from the darkness that comes with All Hallows’ Eve.
5. Jack Like the smiling pumpkin that sits all lit up on your porch every Halloween, let your own little jack-o-lantern light up your life with this fitting October baby name.
6. Casper Give your friendly little ghost this spooky name that mimics everybody’s favourite vintage animated cartoon. Don’t be surprised if your baby’s first word is “boo!”
7. Eve Pretty and subtle, your friends will never know you named your babe after All Hallows’ Eve. Traditionally an evening of apple-bobbing, costume parties, pranking, trick-or-treating and eating candies galore, it might just be the best night of the year.
8. Buffy Any fan of vampires and girl power will remember the popular 1997 supernatural drama Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A noteworthy heroine, Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) was a brave, independent teen that fought off vampires, demons and other dark spirits. This cult-classic name will automatically make your little girl a force to be reckoned with.
9. Frank A classic in the horror and gothic literary genres, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein is a perfect source to grab baby-name inspiration from. Your kid might even end up a mad scientist just like Victor Frankenstein and create his own spooky monster!
10. Trixie We all know kids can be tricksters—especially on Halloween. But what happens when your kid’s named Trixie? There’s only one way to find out: Give your baby the name and see for yourself! Either way, she’ll bring you joy—and that’s exactly what this name means!
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners