1. On a piece of paper, write out what you’d like to say. It’s much easier to control the flow of the icing if it’s in cursive. (Plus, it looks fancier.) Or you can type and print out your message in your preferred font. Place a piece of waxed paper on top of your message.
2. Microwave coloured moulding wafers in an open small zip-lock bag until melted. Zip the top, removing as much air from the bag as you can.
3. To create a tip, snip a small piece from one corner of the bag (the larger the hole, the bigger the drizzle).
4. Holding the bag in one hand, gently squeeze it as you trace your letters. This also works well for designs or squiggles. For a cool effect, you can add sprinkles before it sets.
5. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Gently peel the waxed paper off and place your message onto the cake.