Photo: James Tse
1. Build on favourites.Add simple, warm pieces to their wardrobe that complement their existing go-to looks, like a knit cardigan that matches a tee.
2. Layer it up. A lightweight, long-sleeved top is the perfect cross-season staple. Have them wear it under a vest or a thick winter sweater and coat.
3. Easy on, easy off. Look for sweaters with zippers, snaps or buttons so kids can easily remove layers while adjusting to changing temperatures.
4. Get a feel for flannel. Long-sleeved flannel shirts are great over a tee in the fall and can be worn on top of a hoodie in the winter for a cozy look.
5. “Winterize” staple pieces. Trade denim shorts for jeans, tights for thick leggings, and cotton for wool-blend sweaters.